Welcome to Year Two
As you know your teacher this year is me - Miss Wright!
We are also very lucky to have Mrs Helmoe-Larsen with us every morning and Mrs Burgess every afternoon. In addition, Miss Pickup will be with us to support your learning during some afternoons and on a Thursday she will teach the class whilst I have some PPA and Deputy Head time.
We are going to have a great year, lots of learning, lots of fun and lots of time to get to know each other!
Information regarding COVID-19 and Year 2
- The children will begin the day at 8.55am - the children will be collected by a member of staff from the 'Story seated area' on the upper playground and brought round to the new Y2 classroom door.
Morning breaktime is at 10am-10.15am
Lunchtime is at 11.45am-12.45pm
Afternoon breaktime is at 2.20pm-2.30pm
Hometime is at 3.20pm - the children will be brought to the same
area (as the morning) for you to collect your child.
- Where you have siblings with different start times, please bring them to school together at the earlier start time and pick them up at the later time. They must however, enter through their separate entrances. For example, if you have a child in year 2 and 5, bring them to school at 8:55am and pick them up at 3:25pm.
- Children must wear clean PE kit or similar sportswear to school on Monday's and Friday's as we will not be getting changed at school for the time being.
- Water bottles must be filled and labelled with names. School will not provide water cups during lessons or play times. After lunch, children will be given the option of refilling water bottles with the help of their adults. Throughout the day, water coolers will not be in use.
- Children can bring their usual bags or book bags to school. They will be provided with their own stationery. They can bring their own if they wish but they must not share any equipment with others.
Spelling Shed and Timestables Rockstars
Information coming soon...
Timestables videos to learn and move to! All the family can take part! We will be using these videos at school.
Fantastic resource to view the earth, oceans, countries and even your house!
Lots of suggestions, reviews, videos on what book to read next!
Lots of activities, games, resources for parents/carers, e-books to read and listen to
Dance Mat Typing - learning how to use a keyboard correctly when typing